'Desperate Housewives' comes to an end; cast shares future plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After eight seasons and almost 200 episodes, the women and men who lived on Wisteria Lane have packed up and moved away. But are they ready to move on?
Eva Longoria and Ricardo Chavira said the show is ending just the way they wanted it to.
"Not that we aren't grateful for the journey or anything, but I love the way we're going out on top," Eva Longoria said.
"Go out while they still want more. That's an old theater thing and I think it's a great thing that they're doing," Chavira added.
Meanwhile, Marcia Cross said she also feels like it's time to move on.
"It doesn't mean it's going to make it any easier," she said. "It feels just as bittersweet and I'm sure if someone said to me, 'One more year,' I'm sure I would say, 'Well, OK.' But I do feel like that it's the right time."
Not everyone agrees it's time to walk away from Wisteria Lane.
"It's my favorite job in 30 years of being an actor," Doug Savant said. "I love Felicity (Huffman), we love working together. There's nothing we don't like about it. I'm sorry to see it end.
Although there is sadness, these talented stars aren't looking back. Some said they've had the time of their lives.
"The funny thing is I feel like I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg of what my potential is as an actor, as a human being, as a philanthropist," Longoria said. "I feel like this show has set the stage for me."
Some will go on to perform in different ways.
"I'm lucky that I can sing my show in Vegas, I can go on Broadway and do a show and jump into a role knowing that there will be a limited amount of time to do something and television is an option, so I'm curious to see what's next," Vanessa Williams said.
For Williams, it may be another series on ABC. We'll find out officially when the network unveils its fall schedule later this week.
abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 20 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis