'Desperate Housewives' comes to an end; cast shares future plans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After eight seasons and almost 200 episodes, the women and men who lived on Wisteria Lane have packed up and moved away. But are they ready to move on?
Eva Longoria and Ricardo Chavira said the show is ending just the way they wanted it to.
"Not that we aren't grateful for the journey or anything, but I love the way we're going out on top," Eva Longoria said.
"Go out while they still want more. That's an old theater thing and I think it's a great thing that they're doing," Chavira added.
Meanwhile, Marcia Cross said she also feels like it's time to move on.
"It doesn't mean it's going to make it any easier," she said. "It feels just as bittersweet and I'm sure if someone said to me, 'One more year,' I'm sure I would say, 'Well, OK.' But I do feel like that it's the right time."
Not everyone agrees it's time to walk away from Wisteria Lane.
"It's my favorite job in 30 years of being an actor," Doug Savant said. "I love Felicity (Huffman), we love working together. There's nothing we don't like about it. I'm sorry to see it end.
Although there is sadness, these talented stars aren't looking back. Some said they've had the time of their lives.
"The funny thing is I feel like I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg of what my potential is as an actor, as a human being, as a philanthropist," Longoria said. "I feel like this show has set the stage for me."
Some will go on to perform in different ways.
"I'm lucky that I can sing my show in Vegas, I can go on Broadway and do a show and jump into a role knowing that there will be a limited amount of time to do something and television is an option, so I'm curious to see what's next," Vanessa Williams said.
For Williams, it may be another series on ABC. We'll find out officially when the network unveils its fall schedule later this week.
abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review