'Dancing With The Stars' semifinals: Maria Menounos, William Levy score perfect 30s
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In a night of strong performances, two couples earned perfect scores in the 'Dancing With The Stars' semifinals. In fact, the four teams remaining earned only nines and 10s. Only three points separate the top of the judges' leaderboard from the bottom.
Maria Menounos and her partner, Derek Hough, danced the Argentine Tango and then danced away with a perfect score. They came back with 29 out of 30 for their Jive, ending the night in first place with 59 out of 60 points - and that was with her injured feet still wrapped like mummies.
"To think that she is here contending for first place to go into the final, it's unbelievable," Hough said.
"I love this more than anything that I have ever done so I don't want to stop," Menounos added. "One more week, please. Pretty please."
One point behind them was William Levy and his partner, Cheryl Burke. They got a 28 for the Tango and a perfect 30 for a booty-shaking Samba.
"It's really good when you worked so hard and you see those three 10 coming out," Levy said. "If we go tomorrow, at least we did everything we could. We got a perfect score."
In third place was Donald Driver with his partner, Peta Murgatroyd. They Waltzed away with 28 for their first dance and came back for 29 more with a Samba one judge called an "A+."
"Just to get the two 10s, I think we've been improving and pushing for them for a while," Driver said. "If the fans vote us in, we're ready. We got a lot of tricks up our sleeve."
Katherine Jenkins and her partner, Mark Ballas, started their evening with 29 for the Quickstep and then a misstep - with an injury to boot - got them triple nines for the Salsa for a fourth place finish.
"She's been amazing this whole season and just worked really, really hard," Ballas said. "I think Katherine deserves a shot. I think she's one of the strongest dancers we've ever had on the show and unfortunately, had a bit of a bumpy night."
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 17 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 33 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 13 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 28 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2