'Men in Black 3' review: Funny with a new twist
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are up to their old tricks in "Men in Black 3." But this time, there's a new twist.
Smith's character has to travel back in time to the 1960s to stop an alien from killing Jones' character. Josh Brolin plays Jones' role in the movie's time travel moments.
"Men in Black 3" is packed with plenty of action and plenty of aliens.
The plot was more intricate than I expected, I even got a little lost along the way, but I figured it out eventually.
And there's a great emotional twist at the end that brings the entire film franchise into perspective--it's a twist fans should appreciate. Of course, they'll also enjoy the spectacle of it all.
"Men in Black 3" is rated PG-13, and while the clips might not show it, it feels a little more intense and grown up than the first two. Plus, there are some moments involving aliens that I think are too scary for young children. Mom and dad might want to check it out first.
The movie is fun and, thanks to Smith, funny, too. Jemaine Clement is great as the creepy villain, and Josh Brolin is just spot-on as Jones' character as a young man.
If you're looking to laugh and be impressed with the visuals here, "Men in Black 3" is your movie. It's a good time, led by director Barry Sonnefeld.
I paid $18.50 to see it in 3D, but I'd be just as fine seeing it the old-fashioned way, without the glasses.
movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 16 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 27 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 16 min ago
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo. 36 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect 9 min ago
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 4 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- 'Epic, 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast 6' in theaters
9 min ago