'Men in Black 3' review: Funny with a new twist
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are up to their old tricks in "Men in Black 3." But this time, there's a new twist.
Smith's character has to travel back in time to the 1960s to stop an alien from killing Jones' character. Josh Brolin plays Jones' role in the movie's time travel moments.
"Men in Black 3" is packed with plenty of action and plenty of aliens.
The plot was more intricate than I expected, I even got a little lost along the way, but I figured it out eventually.
And there's a great emotional twist at the end that brings the entire film franchise into perspective--it's a twist fans should appreciate. Of course, they'll also enjoy the spectacle of it all.
"Men in Black 3" is rated PG-13, and while the clips might not show it, it feels a little more intense and grown up than the first two. Plus, there are some moments involving aliens that I think are too scary for young children. Mom and dad might want to check it out first.
The movie is fun and, thanks to Smith, funny, too. Jemaine Clement is great as the creepy villain, and Josh Brolin is just spot-on as Jones' character as a young man.
If you're looking to laugh and be impressed with the visuals here, "Men in Black 3" is your movie. It's a good time, led by director Barry Sonnefeld.
I paid $18.50 to see it in 3D, but I'd be just as fine seeing it the old-fashioned way, without the glasses.
movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 42 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 27 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy