'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition' Season 2 debuts Sunday
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- He's a trainer. He's a motivator. He's a "transformation specialist." And beginning this weekend, Chris Powell is back offering his "extreme" edition of a weight-loss makeover. He's a tough guy with a heart of gold.
"Everybody's addicted to something, and exercise is my addiction," says Powell. "This is my thing."
Powell brings his energy and his exercise back to ABC with the second season of "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition."
"We got two hours now. We used to be a one-hour show, but then after Season 1 everybody said 'We want to know more! You've been spending a year with these people, what else happened?'"
Powell feels with a two-hour show he can now really show what it takes to commit to these incredible makeovers.
"You can see all the twists and turns and of course the challenges get a lot bigger," says Powell. "And so do the transformations. I'll tell you, in Season 2, you're going to see of the most incredible transformations that you've ever seen in your life."
What about failures?
"You'll see struggles," says Powell. "You'll see a lot of people fall, without failing, and that's the beauty of what transformation is really all about. Everybody struggles. This is real life. But it's all about getting back up. That was the one thing that in Season 2 I really wanted to teach my people is how to fall without failing.
"Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" returns Sunday night at 9 on ABC7.
television, exercise, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 13 min ago
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery 37 min ago
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 35 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds 24 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan