Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park wows celebrities
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- It took years and hundreds of millions of dollars to create, but Cars Land is officially parked at Disney California Adventure Park.
The new attraction, which opens to the public on Friday, is based on the animated movies, "Cars" and "Cars 2." Celebrities were at the park on Wednesday to get a preview of the rides.
"They've done an amazing job on this park," said actor Josh Dallas. "The rides are incredible. You are in the movie. You are in Radiator Springs and all the characters are alive right in front of you."
Actress Ginnifer Goodwin also suggested visiting Radiator Springs Racers. The ride cost a reported $200 million and is the main attraction of Cars Land. Two other attractions are Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.
"Cars" fans will also recognize familiar landmarks of Radiator Springs, including its shops, restaurants and neon signs. The attraction's debut marks the completion of a five-year expansion at Disney California Adventure Park.
"I just think that what we offer is something for everybody and something that everybody can do together. That's what Cars Land is and what California Adventure is today," said Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company.
Also debuting at the theme park is Buena Vista Street, a newly themed and designed entrance that immerses guests in a setting reminiscent of Los Angeles in the 1920s.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, technology, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
21 min ago