'Brave' actor digs into Scottish roots for film
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Brave" star Kevin McKidd says the new animated film gave him a chance to dig into his Scottish roots.
"It's a lot of fun to get to be Scottish for a change," said McKidd. The "Grey's Anatomy" star said the film gave him a chance to let loose.
"In 'Grey's,' I have to be American. I have to be quite controlled. Owen Hunt is a tortured guy and he's a very serious character. It's nice to be wild and zany and Scottish for a while," McKidd said.
McKidd thinks the boisterous nature of the Scottish people depicted in the film is pretty true to their nature.
"I think the Scottish personality is a wonderful mix of humor and being serious and grumpy and angry and funny and generous and hospitable, all those things rolled up in a messy package," McKidd said. "Scottish people are quite messy people. We wear our heart on our sleeves a little bit. We kind of don't care what people think. I love Scottish people for that."
When asked if he would have been angry if he wasn't cast in "Brave," McKidd said he's used to rolling with the punches.
"Listen. I've been not cast in so many movies I'm so over that now. Rejection is stock and trade in my business, so it wouldn't have bothered me," McKidd said.
Like a true Scot, McKidd said he even has a few kilts stashed away in his closet.
"Brave" hits theaters June 22.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 52 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate