Steve Carell, Keira Knightley talk dark comedy film 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In the new film "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World," Steve Carell and Keira Knightley play neighbors who find each other during what may be the planet's final days.
"It really stuck with us when we read the script," Carell said about the dark comedy. "It was very different than anything I'd ever read."
Knightley agreed, saying the story takes a unique approach.
"I've never read anything like it. Particularly taking this subject matter, but making it this kind of dark comedic, kind of strange thing as opposed to this big action adventure, I just thought it was such a unique way of telling this kind of a story," said Knightly.
In this movie, Carell's real-life wife, Nancy, makes an appearance.
"The director called and asked whether Nancy would play my wife in the movie, a very pivotal scene at the very beginning," Carell said. "She just said, 'Of course. It just sounded like fun - sounds like fun to leave you, ha ha.'"
She's out, but a little dog is in for the adventure. The dog that appears in the film is a rescue.
The film opens Friday and is rated R.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 49 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 6 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 51 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
10 min ago