Steve Carell, Keira Knightley talk dark comedy film 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In the new film "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World," Steve Carell and Keira Knightley play neighbors who find each other during what may be the planet's final days.
"It really stuck with us when we read the script," Carell said about the dark comedy. "It was very different than anything I'd ever read."
Knightley agreed, saying the story takes a unique approach.
"I've never read anything like it. Particularly taking this subject matter, but making it this kind of dark comedic, kind of strange thing as opposed to this big action adventure, I just thought it was such a unique way of telling this kind of a story," said Knightly.
In this movie, Carell's real-life wife, Nancy, makes an appearance.
"The director called and asked whether Nancy would play my wife in the movie, a very pivotal scene at the very beginning," Carell said. "She just said, 'Of course. It just sounded like fun - sounds like fun to leave you, ha ha.'"
She's out, but a little dog is in for the adventure. The dog that appears in the film is a rescue.
The film opens Friday and is rated R.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card 36 min ago
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 30 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
21 min ago