'Brave' expected to boost Scottish tourism
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Brave" is already making big money at the box office, and its success may spread into Scotland in the form of visitors.
Adventures by Disney has created a Scotland vacation based on "Brave." Tours begin next March.
"The 'Brave' tour is a great idea because then they can actually visit locations like the Callanish Standing Stones in Lewis ... so they can see these places do exist," said Les McInulty, a Scotland tourism expert.
There's an archery scene in "Brave" and a Scottish expert in the sport, Stewart Mackenzie, thinks the movie could hit a bull's-eye for his country.
"I think it's superb," Mackenzie said. "It's going to help tourism in Scotland. It's - as you can see - a glorious place."
Cai Murdoch, an expert in ancient Scottish clan fighting, said he believes the movie will speak to a new generation of travelers.
"No doubt we'll have a lot of Scottish girl warriors from around the world wanting to come visit the country and become a Scottish warrior," Murdoch said. "This gets children in and lets them know about Scottish history from a young age, which is absolutely brilliant.
"If no one has ever visited Scotland before, a picture speaks a thousand words. And I think that even looking at certain photographs of the highlands in Scotland, I don't know anyone that wouldn't want to come here within a heartbeat."
Maybe tourists will even enjoy the Scottish delicacies, as suggested here by Emma Thompson, who plays the queen.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
movie news, travel, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 51 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 56 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors