'Brave' expected to boost Scottish tourism
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Brave" is already making big money at the box office, and its success may spread into Scotland in the form of visitors.
Adventures by Disney has created a Scotland vacation based on "Brave." Tours begin next March.
"The 'Brave' tour is a great idea because then they can actually visit locations like the Callanish Standing Stones in Lewis ... so they can see these places do exist," said Les McInulty, a Scotland tourism expert.
There's an archery scene in "Brave" and a Scottish expert in the sport, Stewart Mackenzie, thinks the movie could hit a bull's-eye for his country.
"I think it's superb," Mackenzie said. "It's going to help tourism in Scotland. It's - as you can see - a glorious place."
Cai Murdoch, an expert in ancient Scottish clan fighting, said he believes the movie will speak to a new generation of travelers.
"No doubt we'll have a lot of Scottish girl warriors from around the world wanting to come visit the country and become a Scottish warrior," Murdoch said. "This gets children in and lets them know about Scottish history from a young age, which is absolutely brilliant.
"If no one has ever visited Scotland before, a picture speaks a thousand words. And I think that even looking at certain photographs of the highlands in Scotland, I don't know anyone that wouldn't want to come here within a heartbeat."
Maybe tourists will even enjoy the Scottish delicacies, as suggested here by Emma Thompson, who plays the queen.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
movie news, travel, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 3 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 4 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 6 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 14 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 9 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 1 min ago