'General Hospital' cast celebrates 10 Daytime Emmys
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It wouldn't be a "General Hospital" party without a giant cake, and the latest one was in celebraton of the show's 10 Daytime Emmy wins.
Actress Nancy Lee Grahn won one of them, but she's more excited about what's ahead for her character.
"I think mom may have sex for the first time in about seven years so to me, that's huge news! That's big news! Yay!" said Grahn.
What else is on the way before the end of summer? Executive producer Frank Valentini dropped a little hint.
"No one will perish. Some people will come awfully close and there will be some wonderful surprises coming back -- some true fan favorites from a long time ago and from not so long ago," said Valentini.
"General Hospital" is ABC's sole-surviving daytime drama, and the stars know now is the time to prove the show deserves to stay right where it is for years to come.
"This has been around for a great 50 years so it's pretty amazing that we can still be relevant today. And it takes somebody with a vision of Frank to do that," said cast member Sean Blakemore.
While Valentini doesn't take the show's endurance for granted, he is optimistic that "General Hospital" will keep fans watching.
"Between now and our 50th anniversary, which is April 1, I think everyone will be captivated and engaged in every episode because that's how hard we're working and how hard we're trying to please and excite, and most importantly, surprise the fans," he said.
"General Hospital" airs weekdays at 2 p.m on ABC7.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 10 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 14 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 1 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 25 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 42 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 32 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)