'Bachelorette' picks 'funny' guy Jef Holm
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- We now know officially which bachelor won the heart of the most recent "Bachelorette," Emily Maynard.
Two months ago, I sat down with Maynard, and while she couldn't say much, she gave me a few clues. I even predicted Jef Holm would be in the final three.
Asked what she's looking for more than anything else, Maynard said, "Someone to make me laugh and somebody who wants lots of babies, and just somebody who has my back in everything and can bring me out of my shell and just make me laugh."
So if laughter is the top draw, in May, my unscientific survey of her bachelor's traits revealed that Holm was the funniest guy to her.
"He's so funny," Maynard said. "Always makes me laugh."
Sense of humor won the girl. Maynard chose Holm, he proposed and after a long pause, she said yes.
Holm said it was the longest few seconds of his life.
"I felt like I was sitting there forever," he said.
Engagements are common for the contestants of the "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette." Marriages? Not so much. But Maynard is optimistic about this match.
"I think ours is going to work," she said. "We're best friends, comfortable, different than any relationship. So hopefully the outcome will be different, too."
abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 2 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 12 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013