Colin Farrell talks making of 'Total Recall'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Colin Farrell has spent the past few years in smaller, more dramatic films, but he's jumping back into action in a big way with a new version of the futuristic thriller "Total Recall."
Farrell plays a man who lets outsiders mess with his mind, and the confusion of what's a real memory and what's not has him on the run.
While the non-stop action of the film will keep audiences on the edge of their movie seats, it's different when you're actually making the movie.
"Not as tense as that. That's the whole thing, there's so much air and dead space and stuff," Farrell said. "But having said that, there's a couple of scenes in the film ... that were fairly intense."
Director Len Wiseman utilizes a masterful mix of visual effects and real sets to bring the "Total Recall" world to life. One thing that wasn't real was the injuries. Farrell's character gets pretty banged up, but that was all just movie magic.
"I was gash free for the whole shoot," he said. "I mean I got a few bruises and welts, but nothing on the face."
Farrell returns to his indie roots in November with the film "Seven Psychopaths." It's a comedy co-starring Woody Harrelson, Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell.
"Total Recall" is in theaters Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 1 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews