Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel at 'Total Recall' premiere
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Total Recall" first made its mark at the box office in 1990 with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role. Twenty-two years later, Colin Farrell is the star man of the new version of the action thriller.
In "Total Recall," Farrell plays a factory worker who is suddenly a wanted man but he has no idea why. The film, in part, involves turning dreams into real memories.
So what's real? What's not? And why do people want Farrell's character dead? He says this "Total Recall" doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Schwarzenegger version.
"It felt different enough that I didn't feel that I was stepping into Arnie's shoes, because God knows, the man casts a big shadow and little old me would have failed miserably," Farrell said.
Kate Beckinsale plays one tough woman in the movie, which was directed by her husband, Len Wiseman.
Where does that feistiness come from?
"I don't know, I guess my husband must have spotted it at home," she said with a laugh.
Beckinsale is not the only tough woman in the film. Jessica Biel is also a force who's not afraid to fight.
Biel said her fiancée, Justin Timberlake, has not seen it yet, so she thinks he's in for quite a surprise.
"Total Recall" opens Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 9 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 20 min ago
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 27 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
54 min ago