Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel at 'Total Recall' premiere
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Total Recall" first made its mark at the box office in 1990 with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role. Twenty-two years later, Colin Farrell is the star man of the new version of the action thriller.
In "Total Recall," Farrell plays a factory worker who is suddenly a wanted man but he has no idea why. The film, in part, involves turning dreams into real memories.
So what's real? What's not? And why do people want Farrell's character dead? He says this "Total Recall" doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Schwarzenegger version.
"It felt different enough that I didn't feel that I was stepping into Arnie's shoes, because God knows, the man casts a big shadow and little old me would have failed miserably," Farrell said.
Kate Beckinsale plays one tough woman in the movie, which was directed by her husband, Len Wiseman.
Where does that feistiness come from?
"I don't know, I guess my husband must have spotted it at home," she said with a laugh.
Beckinsale is not the only tough woman in the film. Jessica Biel is also a force who's not afraid to fight.
Biel said her fiancée, Justin Timberlake, has not seen it yet, so she thinks he's in for quite a surprise.
"Total Recall" opens Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2