Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel at 'Total Recall' premiere
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Total Recall" first made its mark at the box office in 1990 with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role. Twenty-two years later, Colin Farrell is the star man of the new version of the action thriller.
In "Total Recall," Farrell plays a factory worker who is suddenly a wanted man but he has no idea why. The film, in part, involves turning dreams into real memories.
So what's real? What's not? And why do people want Farrell's character dead? He says this "Total Recall" doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Schwarzenegger version.
"It felt different enough that I didn't feel that I was stepping into Arnie's shoes, because God knows, the man casts a big shadow and little old me would have failed miserably," Farrell said.
Kate Beckinsale plays one tough woman in the movie, which was directed by her husband, Len Wiseman.
Where does that feistiness come from?
"I don't know, I guess my husband must have spotted it at home," she said with a laugh.
Beckinsale is not the only tough woman in the film. Jessica Biel is also a force who's not afraid to fight.
Biel said her fiancée, Justin Timberlake, has not seen it yet, so she thinks he's in for quite a surprise.
"Total Recall" opens Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 7 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 37 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 6 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 37 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 11 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 50 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke