Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel at 'Total Recall' premiere
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Total Recall" first made its mark at the box office in 1990 with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role. Twenty-two years later, Colin Farrell is the star man of the new version of the action thriller.
In "Total Recall," Farrell plays a factory worker who is suddenly a wanted man but he has no idea why. The film, in part, involves turning dreams into real memories.
So what's real? What's not? And why do people want Farrell's character dead? He says this "Total Recall" doesn't have quite the same vibe as the Schwarzenegger version.
"It felt different enough that I didn't feel that I was stepping into Arnie's shoes, because God knows, the man casts a big shadow and little old me would have failed miserably," Farrell said.
Kate Beckinsale plays one tough woman in the movie, which was directed by her husband, Len Wiseman.
Where does that feistiness come from?
"I don't know, I guess my husband must have spotted it at home," she said with a laugh.
Beckinsale is not the only tough woman in the film. Jessica Biel is also a force who's not afraid to fight.
Biel said her fiancée, Justin Timberlake, has not seen it yet, so she thinks he's in for quite a surprise.
"Total Recall" opens Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 12 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 1 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10