Dick Van Dyke adds 12-foot ghost to Halloween collection
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dick Van Dyke has new resident at his Malibu home in the form of a 12-foot ghost. It's the newest addition to his Halloween collection.
Every Halloween, Van Dyke jumps into the holiday spirit.
"I started doing it almost 50 years ago for my kids in Encino," he said. "In those days I made my own monsters out of foam rubber."
Fifty years later, it's safe to say Halloween decorating has grown on him.
"It's become a tradition now. Kids are the worst critics -- 'You had that last year' -- so I have to keep coming up with new things. We've got the haunted house at Disney beat!" he said.
Van Dyke has 90 days to get all those Halloween decorations in order before the trick-or-treaters arrive.
celebrity, holiday, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour