Dick Van Dyke adds 12-foot ghost to Halloween collection
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dick Van Dyke has new resident at his Malibu home in the form of a 12-foot ghost. It's the newest addition to his Halloween collection.
Every Halloween, Van Dyke jumps into the holiday spirit.
"I started doing it almost 50 years ago for my kids in Encino," he said. "In those days I made my own monsters out of foam rubber."
Fifty years later, it's safe to say Halloween decorating has grown on him.
"It's become a tradition now. Kids are the worst critics -- 'You had that last year' -- so I have to keep coming up with new things. We've got the haunted house at Disney beat!" he said.
Van Dyke has 90 days to get all those Halloween decorations in order before the trick-or-treaters arrive.
celebrity, holiday, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Race for Los Angeles mayor too close to call
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 55 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10