Dick Van Dyke adds 12-foot ghost to Halloween collection
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dick Van Dyke has new resident at his Malibu home in the form of a 12-foot ghost. It's the newest addition to his Halloween collection.
Every Halloween, Van Dyke jumps into the holiday spirit.
"I started doing it almost 50 years ago for my kids in Encino," he said. "In those days I made my own monsters out of foam rubber."
Fifty years later, it's safe to say Halloween decorating has grown on him.
"It's become a tradition now. Kids are the worst critics -- 'You had that last year' -- so I have to keep coming up with new things. We've got the haunted house at Disney beat!" he said.
Van Dyke has 90 days to get all those Halloween decorations in order before the trick-or-treaters arrive.
celebrity, holiday, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 9 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video