Emmy Award nominees gather, applaud peers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Stars who are up for Emmy Awards gathered for a pre-Emmy reception, and most agree that the honor is in the nomination.
The reception allows Emmy nominees to say hello to one another and applaud their peers for a year's worth of good work.
"It's really nice to be nominated, and it's a big deal because this will not happen every year," said "Modern Family" actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The entire adult cast of "Modern Family" received Emmy nods in the supporting categories. The significance is not lost on Ferguson.
"Being someone who's from Albuquerque, New Mexico, in a small little town, and never imagined being nominated for anything, much less an Emmy Award, you have to have this moment where you really kind of let yourself get lost in those moments," Ferguson said.
Mayim Bialik also made her first red carpet appearance since being involved in a car accident last week.
"It will be a long road to recovery, but all my fingers work, and they move. I can make dresses look OK with it," she said. "By the Emmys, we'll have one of these splints in black, and we'll be ready to go."
For nominee Amy Poehler, the nerves only get worse the closer Emmy Sunday gets. But she has a cure.
"I've been through that rodeo a few times now," she said. "Right when you're about to find out who is going to win, you think you're cool up until that very moment, and then you panic, so you have this surge of adrenaline, and then in my case, you lose, and then you drink it off."
The Emmys are handed out on Sunday, Sept. 23 on ABC7.
television, abc, award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California 17 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film