Emmy Award nominees gather, applaud peers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Stars who are up for Emmy Awards gathered for a pre-Emmy reception, and most agree that the honor is in the nomination.
The reception allows Emmy nominees to say hello to one another and applaud their peers for a year's worth of good work.
"It's really nice to be nominated, and it's a big deal because this will not happen every year," said "Modern Family" actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
The entire adult cast of "Modern Family" received Emmy nods in the supporting categories. The significance is not lost on Ferguson.
"Being someone who's from Albuquerque, New Mexico, in a small little town, and never imagined being nominated for anything, much less an Emmy Award, you have to have this moment where you really kind of let yourself get lost in those moments," Ferguson said.
Mayim Bialik also made her first red carpet appearance since being involved in a car accident last week.
"It will be a long road to recovery, but all my fingers work, and they move. I can make dresses look OK with it," she said. "By the Emmys, we'll have one of these splints in black, and we'll be ready to go."
For nominee Amy Poehler, the nerves only get worse the closer Emmy Sunday gets. But she has a cure.
"I've been through that rodeo a few times now," she said. "Right when you're about to find out who is going to win, you think you're cool up until that very moment, and then you panic, so you have this surge of adrenaline, and then in my case, you lose, and then you drink it off."
The Emmys are handed out on Sunday, Sept. 23 on ABC7.
television, abc, award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 28 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 8 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 23 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2