Katie Couric stops by ABC7, chats about new show
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Katie Couric's new daytime talk show "Katie" debuts in less than three weeks. She stopped by the ABC7 station on Wednesday to talk about her show.
"I feel a lot of pressure because I hold myself to pretty high standards, and I want to have a smart conversation about a whole variety of topics," she said. "To put those kinds of demands on yourself, of course you feel pressure. On the other hand, I'm also really excited."
But Katie is also pretty secretive about what's she got planned.
"We haven't said all the guests we're going to have on and all the topics we're going to tackle for competitive reasons, you know? We don't want to see them everywhere," she said.
She did reveal that she will have a studio audience of 144 people every day and that each show will generally cover one or two topics. She also said social media will also be a big part of the show.
Katie and her crew have been working on this show now for more than a year, planning, creating and having fun.
"I think it's a great situation. We have a fantastic team and we work really well together," she said.
As the clock ticks down to this new chapter in Katie's career, she is simply thankful.
"I just feel like, 'What a wonderful opportunity I've been given,'" she said. "It's a real gift, and I just hope that I handle it with care and do the best job I possibly can."
"Katie" debuts on Monday, Sept.10 at 3 p.m. on ABC7.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)