'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars': Helio Castroneves 'can't wait,' hopes to inspire daughter
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's been almost five years since Helio Castroneves raced his way around the floor on "Dancing With The Stars".
After winning Season 5 and sharing the mirror ball trophy with partner Julianne Hough, he'll be back for Season 15's All-Star edition partnered with Chelsie Hightower.
"For me it's all about do the homework to do well, but I think everyone is thinking the same way as well," Castroneves said.
The Brazilian race-car driver hasn't spent much time thinking about the dance floor since his 2005 victory. Right now, he's in contention for another IndyCar season title. And he's amazed at how many fans of his racing career also followed him on the show.
"They still talk about it, still remember, they saved in the DVR, the dance with the yellow suit," he said, "so it's great to have that kind of fans, people who are supporting the show. That's another reason I'm back. Can't wait to start dancing."
One change for Castroneves this year involves the audience. He now has a 2-year-old daughter to cheer him on.
"Right now, she has been playing with a lot of little cars," he said. "Hopefully with 'Dancing With The Stars' and Barbie dolls she'll say, 'Daddy, I want to start dancing.' It's going to be up to daddy now to make that happen."
The new season premieres at 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24 on ABC7.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 54 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 19 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10