'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars': Helio Castroneves 'can't wait,' hopes to inspire daughter
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's been almost five years since Helio Castroneves raced his way around the floor on "Dancing With The Stars".
After winning Season 5 and sharing the mirror ball trophy with partner Julianne Hough, he'll be back for Season 15's All-Star edition partnered with Chelsie Hightower.
"For me it's all about do the homework to do well, but I think everyone is thinking the same way as well," Castroneves said.
The Brazilian race-car driver hasn't spent much time thinking about the dance floor since his 2005 victory. Right now, he's in contention for another IndyCar season title. And he's amazed at how many fans of his racing career also followed him on the show.
"They still talk about it, still remember, they saved in the DVR, the dance with the yellow suit," he said, "so it's great to have that kind of fans, people who are supporting the show. That's another reason I'm back. Can't wait to start dancing."
One change for Castroneves this year involves the audience. He now has a 2-year-old daughter to cheer him on.
"Right now, she has been playing with a lot of little cars," he said. "Hopefully with 'Dancing With The Stars' and Barbie dolls she'll say, 'Daddy, I want to start dancing.' It's going to be up to daddy now to make that happen."
The new season premieres at 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24 on ABC7.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 31 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 40 min ago
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds