'DWTS' Helio Castroneves throws 1st pitch at Dodger game
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Helio Castroneves was a bit nervous about throwing out the first pitch at Thursday night's Dodger game.
"I don't understand, unfortunately, the rules, but I know everybody's a big fan so go Dodgers!" he said.
The three-time Indy 500 winner took to the mound and took care of business. With that challenge over, Castroneves can return to his latest challenge: The "Dancing With The Stars" champ of season five is returning for season 15's all-star edition.
He won the first time with partner Julianne Hough. This time out, he hopes to win it with a different pro.
"I have to say, it's going to be a hell of a season. Everybody's so competitive. But in the same way, it's a great casting, you know? And I'm glad to have Chelsie Hightower as my partner. She's amazing and talented," he said.
Why did he decide to return 10 seasons later?
"I think guys like suffering a little bit, you know?" he said with a laugh. "But in the end of the day, it's a great excuse to be dancing again and hopefully, it's a great way to get in shape as well."
Another returning champ, Apolo Anton Ohno, will throw out the first pitch at Sunday's Dodger game. "Dancing With The Stars" returns September 24.
celebrity, dancing with the stars, los angeles dodgers, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Race for Los Angeles mayor too close to call 55 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 33 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10