'DWTS' Helio Castroneves throws 1st pitch at Dodger game
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Helio Castroneves was a bit nervous about throwing out the first pitch at Thursday night's Dodger game.
"I don't understand, unfortunately, the rules, but I know everybody's a big fan so go Dodgers!" he said.
The three-time Indy 500 winner took to the mound and took care of business. With that challenge over, Castroneves can return to his latest challenge: The "Dancing With The Stars" champ of season five is returning for season 15's all-star edition.
He won the first time with partner Julianne Hough. This time out, he hopes to win it with a different pro.
"I have to say, it's going to be a hell of a season. Everybody's so competitive. But in the same way, it's a great casting, you know? And I'm glad to have Chelsie Hightower as my partner. She's amazing and talented," he said.
Why did he decide to return 10 seasons later?
"I think guys like suffering a little bit, you know?" he said with a laugh. "But in the end of the day, it's a great excuse to be dancing again and hopefully, it's a great way to get in shape as well."
Another returning champ, Apolo Anton Ohno, will throw out the first pitch at Sunday's Dodger game. "Dancing With The Stars" returns September 24.
celebrity, dancing with the stars, los angeles dodgers, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 30 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 19 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 13 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 26 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)