Clint Eastwood on how to play 'curmudgeon' in 'Trouble with the Curve'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At the age of 82, Clint Eastwood is still a leading man. And with above-the-title billing, he leads the cast of his latest movie, "Trouble with the Curve."
In the film, Eastwood plays an aging and ailing baseball scout, and Amy Adams plays his daughter.
"It's just a message that how family relationships, sometimes they get scarred up and people have to repair them," said Eastwood.
Adams said she was drawn to the theme of the father-daughter relationship.
"'I love you dad, but sometimes communication can be a bit lacking.' So, for me, that was some theme that was explored that I hadn't seen in other films between a father and a daughter, and I was really anxious to get to explore that," said Adams.
The film also stars Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Robert Patrick and Matthew Lillard, whose character thinks Eastwood's character is an antique.
"It's not very often you get to be a jerk to one of Hollywood's preeminent heroes and legends. So anytime you can do that, you're in. It's good," said Lillard.
So what does Eastwood pull from to play "a curmudgeon" in the film?
"You just pull from the same thing you do to play anything. You just imagine yourself as a curmudgeon. I may be a little closer to it than most people, so it's easier," Eastwood said.
Director Robert Lorenz has worked with Eastwood for years as an assistant director. But this is his official directorial debut.
"Just in landing this gig, I feel like I hit a homeroom. I mean, I'm directing a picture. I'm fortunate enough to have this great cast. I feel like I hit the jackpot," said Lorenz.
"Trouble with the Curve" is rated PG13 and opens Friday.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy 9 min ago
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Coyotes search for water in IE communities
42 min ago