Clint Eastwood on how to play 'curmudgeon' in 'Trouble with the Curve'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- At the age of 82, Clint Eastwood is still a leading man. And with above-the-title billing, he leads the cast of his latest movie, "Trouble with the Curve."
In the film, Eastwood plays an aging and ailing baseball scout, and Amy Adams plays his daughter.
"It's just a message that how family relationships, sometimes they get scarred up and people have to repair them," said Eastwood.
Adams said she was drawn to the theme of the father-daughter relationship.
"'I love you dad, but sometimes communication can be a bit lacking.' So, for me, that was some theme that was explored that I hadn't seen in other films between a father and a daughter, and I was really anxious to get to explore that," said Adams.
The film also stars Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Robert Patrick and Matthew Lillard, whose character thinks Eastwood's character is an antique.
"It's not very often you get to be a jerk to one of Hollywood's preeminent heroes and legends. So anytime you can do that, you're in. It's good," said Lillard.
So what does Eastwood pull from to play "a curmudgeon" in the film?
"You just pull from the same thing you do to play anything. You just imagine yourself as a curmudgeon. I may be a little closer to it than most people, so it's easier," Eastwood said.
Director Robert Lorenz has worked with Eastwood for years as an assistant director. But this is his official directorial debut.
"Just in landing this gig, I feel like I hit a homeroom. I mean, I'm directing a picture. I'm fortunate enough to have this great cast. I feel like I hit the jackpot," said Lorenz.
"Trouble with the Curve" is rated PG13 and opens Friday.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 23 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 55 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 39 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 52 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
40 min ago