'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars' premiere: Emmitt Smith tops, Pamela Anderson flops
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's one big change in the rules for "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars." The judges can now give 1/2 points, making scores closer than ever.
On Monday night, there was only a two-point spread from third place to 10th place. In first place right now, the football star.
Emmitt Smith and partner Cheryl Burke tackled the Cha Cha in round one. Their 24 1/2 points were just enough to come out on top of the season premiere.
"I'm very sad because that means we have no place to go but down," said Smith, the Season 3 champion.
Half a point behind for second place were Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd. At No. 3 were Sabrina Bryan and her new partner, Louis van Amstel, with 22.5 out of 30.
Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough tied for fourth place with Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff. Both couples got a 22 out of 30.
After them there was a three-way tie for sixth place among three former "Dancing" champions: Helio Castronoves with Chelsie Hightower, Drew Lachey with Anna Trebunskaya and Kelly Monaco with Val Chmerkovsky.
"If Val and I get voted off tomorrow, we had a fantastic night," Monaco said. "We had a great dance, we both enjoyed ourselves, we had fun. That's what this is all about."
Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani landed in ninth place, Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson in 10th, Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas in 11th.
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovsky were second to last with 19 points. They thought their judges' comments were better than their score.
"Goodbye" is not what Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus want to hear after finishing dead last.
"I just really hope we can do more," Anderson said.
We'll see if her wish comes true. The first couple will be eliminated Tuesday night.See photos of all the action in the premiere of 'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars'
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 5 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10