'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars' elimination: Joey Fatone or Helio Castroneves?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- On the Tuesday elimination night on "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars," it was clear that the judges and viewers didn't see eye to eye. Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson, who were far from the judges' bottom two, were sent home.
Bristol Palin had the lowest judges' scores by far, but she wasn't even in the bottom two.
In the end, it was Fatone and Johnson who were out of contention just two weeks into the season. The pair received 22.5 out of 30 points from the judges for their Quickstep, landing them in a three-way tie for seventh place.
Fatone said he was not disappointed, but he was having fun and just wasn't done yet.
"It's a completion, it's not the end of the world. This is not my profession," Fatone said. "All in all, losing and leaving, you know what? They asked me to come back again, which means I did something right."
Johnson said their elimination was a shocker.
"I won't lie. It was a surprise, but that's what it's going to be like every week," she said.
Season 5 champion Helio Castroneves with partner Chelsie Hightower scored 1/2 point higher than Fatone and Johnson to land in sixth place. However, a lack of viewer votes knocked them into the bottom two.
"It's a crappy position to be in, so we're going to come back and do everything in our power to make sure we're not in that position again," Hightower said.
Katherine Jenkins, who competed on the show last season and finished in second place, returned to the ballroom as a musical guest. Singer Cher Lloyd also performed during the show.
Next week, the remaining teams will tackle iconic dances from the show's 14 past seasons.
"I really want to make sure that people go the next day at work, 'Did you see last night? Dude, you've got to check this out on YouTube. It's crazy!'" Gilles Marini said.
There will also be a dreaded double elimination.
"Now that we know there is a double elimination, he's going to fly, land on his pinky, do a pirouette in the air," said Karina Smirnoff of her partner, Apolo Ohno. "Save the world while he's at it."See photos of elimination night in Week 2 of 'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars'
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 25 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 48 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...