'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars': Couples do iconic dances, face double elimination
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After last week's elimination of Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson from "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars," the remaining teams thought they knew how tough things could be this season. But things will be doubly shocking this week because two couples are going home.
"I don't like the sound of a double elimination," said professional dancer Peta Murgatroyd, partner to Gilles Marini. "It's just awful. I don't want to go through it, he doesn't want to go through it and we just need to make this dance incredible."
While some competitors are already feeling the heat, others are somehow managing to remain cool.
"I have a lot more things to worry about," Bristol Palin said. "I have a brother that's in Afghanistan right now. So if we're in jeopardy on this show, I think that there's a lot more things to keep me in perspective."
Last week, head judge Len Goodman asked the celebrities to handle the creative direction of the routines this week. That means the stars are in charge of costumes, music and the general feel of the dance.
Another twist may bring on a feeling of deja vu to longtime fans: the couples had to choose an iconic dance that has been done in a past season. So, just what makes a dance iconic?
Essentially, the 11 remaining couples will be reinterpreting a dance we've seen before.
Sabrina Bryan and partner Louis van Amstel will be channeling a Season 5 Paso Doble.
For Shawn Johnson and partner Derek Hough, it will be a Season 5 Quickstep that was a fan favorite.
While most couples tried to keep their iconic choices a secret, the always chatty Kirstie Alley let us in on her dance.
"'Moves Like Jagger' because, first of all, (Mick) Jagger is a huge icon, right? And Carson (Kressley) had guts to go out there and he moved like Jagger," Alley said.
We'll see the 11 couples hit the dance floor with new interpretations of iconic dances from the past.
"Dancing With The Stars" begins at 8 p.m. Monday on ABC7.See photos of elimination night in Week 2 of 'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars'
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 7 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case 15 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago