'Dancing With The Stars' double elimination: Drew Lachey, Helio Castroneves out
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bristol Palin may have received the lowest score on "Dancing With The Stars," but it was two others who got the boot. The red light fell on Drew Lachey and Helio Castroneves on double elimination night.
With 22.5 points out of 30, Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas were at the bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the second week in a row. They survived elimination night Tuesday, a clear indicator that the fans and the judges don't agree this season.
Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya got the first of the night's bad news. They're the third team to get the all-star axe.
"It's frustrating, it really is," Lachey said. "Do I think I'm as good as some of the other people on the show? No. Do I think I'm better than some people on the show? Yeah. But, ultimately, that doesn't matter and I'm not going to look back on it with any kind of regret or disappointment."
Before the show was over, the bad news continued for one more team due to it being a double elimination night.
Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower were the fourth team out.
"I have no regrets," Castroneves said. "I did this for my little girl, Adrianna, so they can experience this. They loved it. I loved it again. Now, if you guys want to see me again, go in racing. That's what I do for a living."
Hightower said they tried their best.
"I really feel like we both gave it everything we had and so, with that, you can kind of leave with peace," she said.
Seeing two champions go shows that no one is safe on the show.
"To see this happen tonight with two former champions, that is not a good feeling," Emmitt Smith said.
It also means not even the lowest-scoring contestant is sure to be eliminated.
"It's out of our hands," Ballas said. "On Tuesdays, we're just kind of in limbo up here."
The remaining teams know there's much work to be done if they're going to make it to the finals.See photos of the results show in Week 3 of "Dancing With The Stars: All Stars"
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 55 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 56 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons