Reba McEntire back on TV in 'Malibu Country'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country music superstar and former sitcom star Reba McEntire is returning to TV this season in "Malibu Country."
Lily Tomlin, Sara Rue and Jai Rodriguez join her in the new ABC sitcom, in which McEntire plays a country singer who dumps her cheating husband and moves her family from Nashville, Tenn., to Malibu, Calif.
"This is a cool show to watch," McEntire said. "You can watch with your family, have a great time, not be embarrassed by anything, giggle and laugh with all of us."
McEntire believes the comedy serves her well.
"In my mind, my whole life has been kind of a sitcom, so I just fit right into it," she said. "I absolutely love television."
McEntire starred in her own self-titled sitcom from 2001 to 2007.
"I didn't want to leave 'Reba.' We got canceled in 2006 and I've been looking for a sitcom ever since," she said.
The country music queen said she'd be happy to appear on a new ABC TV show already getting a lot of attention: "Nashville."
"We know we're cool. Now the rest of the world is finally figuring that out," she said.
McEntire thinks "Malibu Country" is cool, too.
"It's got heart, it's got emotion," she said. "Then the next scene you're cracking up laughing. It's a rollercoaster of emotions and I think that's what you have to have in a good sitcom."
"Malibu Country" joins the Friday ABC line-up starting Nov. 2.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 18 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 58 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate