'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars': Shawn Johnson, Gilles Marini get near-perfect scores
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With Paula Abdul as a guest judge on "Dancing With The Stars: All Stars" on Monday night, the maximum possible judges' score jumped from 30 to 40. Two teams managed near perfection.
Gilles Marini and partner Peta Murgatroyd danced a Bollywood-inspired number, getting a near-perfect score of 39.5 and earning the first 10s of the season - on an empty stomach.
"I need to eat," Marini said. "This body has no food for like 24 hours. I need to have like two abs left. I'm old."
Shawn Johnson and her partner, Derek Hough, tied for first with a mesmerizing Mambo. Johnson did it without knowing something that could have made their number a disaster. One of her heels was broken.
"She danced that whole Mambo like that. Good job," Hough said to his partner, offering a high-five.
Kelly Monaco danced with a broken toe and the flu. But she and Val Chmekovskiy still came in third with 37.5 points for their emotionally intense Contemporary dance.
"I hope to continue in this competition and we'll see," Monaco said.
Half a point behind them in fourth place were Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani.
"It puts us in the middle of the pack, which is shocking to be three points off a perfect score and you're in the middle of the pack," Rycroft said.
They're in good company. Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke got 36, Sabrina Bryan and Louis van Amstel got 35.5, and Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff got 34.5.
"I had a wardrobe malfunction," Ohno said. "My pants ripped in the back, the mic fell out - all weird stuff happened."
With 32 points, Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas landed in eight place.
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy were at the bottom with 30 points for their Charleston.
"This is the first perfect 30 we've ever gotten. Who cares if there were four judges?" Alley said.
One more team goes home Tuesday.See photos of all the dances Monday in Week 4 of "Dancing With The Stars: All Stars"
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4.7-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 7 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians