'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars': 1st group dance sees near-perfect score
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The first of a two-part competition on "Dancing With The Stars" saw Gilles Marini hit a new perfect score and judge Carrie Ann Inaba hit the floor.
Four couples performed Monday night, including Marini with partner Peta Murgatroyd. They earned 29.5 points out of 30 for their Rumba.
The audience responded to the dance with a standing ovation, and the overly excited Inaba was literally swept off her "seat." She's fine, and was helped back up to her chair by Marini, who also gave her a kiss, which then had judge Bruno Tonioli asking for the same.
Half a point behind them were Emmitt Smith and partner Cheryl Burke for their Samba.
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy had their best individual dance of the all-star season, landing in third place with 25.5 points. But after the show, they were excited to talk about the "Gangnam Style" number viewers will see on Tuesday night's show.
"I think the presidential candidates should be doing this. I vote for that man," Alley said.
With 24.5 points for their Samba were Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy. They got the lowest judges' scores Monday night, but Monaco thought they did a great job.
"I think the final product was amazing. I don't agree with the judges this time around," Monaco said.
The group freestyle composed of Shawn Johnson with Derek Hough, Sabrina Bryan with Louis van Amstel, Apolo Anton Ohno with Karina Smirnoff and Melissa Rycroft with Tony Dovolani, got each of them 29.5 points.
What will Tuesday night bring? Four more couples and one more group perform beginning at 8 p.m. on ABC7.See photos of all the dances Monday in Week 5 of "Dancing With The Stars: All Stars"
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate