CMA Awards: Blake Shelton wins Entertainer of Year
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (KABC) -- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert made winning a family affair at the annual CMA Awards on Thursday night.
Shelton won the Country Music Assocation's ultimate prize: Entertainer of the Year.
"I am a country guy and I do country music. I want to make Nashville proud, and I want to push the boundaries as much as I can," said Shelton.
Shelton also won male vocalist honors and shared the Song of the Year award with the Female Vocalist of the Year -- his wife, Miranda Lambert.
"It's always been my goal as a songwriter to win the Song of the Year for CMA, and we did it - me and my husband, my best friend," said Lambert.
Little Big Town had a big night, winning Vocal Group of the Year and Single of the Year for "Pontoon." Backstage, they were thrilled.
"We feel so grateful. It's been an incredible journey," said Jimi Westbrook of Little Big Town.
Eric Church took the "Album of the Year" prize for "Chief." Thompson Square was named Vocal Duo of the Year.
"Absolutely a culmination of hard work, tears and almost quitting and picking ourselves back up and just dreaming and dreaming and dreaming and not quitting. Here we are, and you know, it's a perfect night," said Keifer Thompson.
Hunter Hayes took home the New Artist of the Year prize.
"This has, 'Welcome to the club.' Now I just have to prove myself worthy of staying in the club," said Hayes.
The CMA Awards are over, but many of the country stars will head west to Los Angeles soon for the American Music Awards on Nov. 18.
For a full list of winners, visit OnTheRedCarpet.com.
award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 4 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks