'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars': Shawn Johnson's perfect 30 only goodenough for second place
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With Derek Hough out injured, Shawn Johnson still nailed a perfect score with her original partner, Mark Ballas, Monday night on "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars."
Melissa Rycroft and partner Tony Dovolani came next with 29 out of 30. But the added "swing dance marathon" for extra points swung the overall scores in all sorts of directions for five of the seven teams.
In the end, Rycroft and Dovolani came out on top with 39 points.
"I think what last week proved is that the top of the leaderboard means absolutely nothing in this competition, so at least we've done our part," Rycroft said.
Though Johnson was the only contestant to receiveda perfect score, she said she was happy with the additional eight points that landed her in second place.
"After (Hough) got hurt and Mark stepped in, kind of having to adjust all over it, silver's pretty good," Johnson said.
The bronze this week went to Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy for their 27-point dance and 9-point bonus.
"This is where my game begins," Monaco said. "I have stamina and I'm willing to put in the work. I don't have to work for the next three weeks, so this might be my time."
Smack dab in the middle of the pack this week was a competitive Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke with 34.5 total points.
Smith said they planned to "go back in the studio and re-tool ourselves and just try to get re-focused and committed to the dances that we have to do."
Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd got 33.5 total points and Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff came next with 33. Both couples were hurt by the marathon.
"This marathon was absolutely a nightmare," Marini said.
Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy were at the bottom with 28 points total.
Due to Election Day, there will be no elimination Tuesday night. Instead, there will be a double elimination next Tuesday.See photos of all the dances Monday in Week 7 of "Dancing With The Stars: All Stars"
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke