Teen twins bring Broadway's 'Newsies' to 'Dancing With The Stars' stage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Teenage twins Jacob and David Guzman joined their Broadway castmates from "Newsies" for a rousing production number on "Dancing With The Stars" on Tuesday night.
But this wasn't their first time in the ballroom. The 17 year olds were featured last year as part of the show's Youth Spotlight Performance. The brothers and two other young dancers from their hometown of Boston were invited to perform on the show.
"When we were finally on stage and we saw our background video started playing on the back screen, I was like this is really it. We're on national TV, and it's going on everywhere and we're about to be seen. That was a great moment for me. It's crazy to go through," David Guzman said.
Their experience helped lead them to an audition for the Broadway musical "Newsies."
"We ended up getting the job, which was fantastic, so we ended up moving to New York and having a blast, living our dream before we even got to college," Jacob Guzman said.
The boys are dancing their dream right now, eight shows a week on Broadway.
"We have a lot of fun on that stage," Jacob Guzman said. "I'm pretty sure the audience can see that. It's a great group of people."
The dancers hope their work might encourage other young artists to reach for the sky.
"Maybe someone gets inspired from the way we dance, some little kid," David Guzman said. "That is a great goal to have and be on Broadway."
If you're headed to New York, you can catch the twins and their talented castmates in "Newsies" at the Nederlander Theatre.
dancing with the stars, television, theater news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 44 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves 8 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordinance scare prompts evacuations 1 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break