Miranda Lambert still nervous about award shows even after all her wins
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country singer Miranda Lambert has been bringing a smile to our faces for the last 10 years. She's had four top-selling albums, and her latest, "Four the Record," has been on the country charts for an entire year.
She shares her success with her husband, country's current entertainer of the year Blake Shelton, and they're both proud to carry the banner for the music genre.
"Country is actually a community. We're nice people. We have good values. I think country music just came from good stock," said Lambert. "When you're in a category with someone, like female vocalist, and Carrie Underwood gives me a hug when I win, it's real. It's not fake. We're actually happy for each other, because there's room for all of us. We're not trying to kick each other out of the way."
The Texas native is nominated for an American Music Award, alongside Underwood and Taylor Swift in the favorite female artist category. Even after just winning the CMA Award for female vocalist of the year, these events still put her on edge.
"I always have the jitters. I get nervous about the awards, nominations, the performances, everything," said Lambert.
I reminded her that she always walks away with some kind of award.
"I just know there's going to come a time when it's time to pass the torch and I'm totally fine if I never win another award. I'm not greedy. I'm thankful for everything," said Lambert. "I've worked to get here, and I'm going to continue to work until I'm like Loretta Lynn, still singing on the Opry. I'm so glad to see that there's other girls working just as hard as me and that are just as talented."
Lambert will be heading out on her "Locked & Reloaded" tour in 2013.
celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 36 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 12 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 38 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 57 min ago
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...