Miranda Lambert still nervous about award shows even after all her wins
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Country singer Miranda Lambert has been bringing a smile to our faces for the last 10 years. She's had four top-selling albums, and her latest, "Four the Record," has been on the country charts for an entire year.
She shares her success with her husband, country's current entertainer of the year Blake Shelton, and they're both proud to carry the banner for the music genre.
"Country is actually a community. We're nice people. We have good values. I think country music just came from good stock," said Lambert. "When you're in a category with someone, like female vocalist, and Carrie Underwood gives me a hug when I win, it's real. It's not fake. We're actually happy for each other, because there's room for all of us. We're not trying to kick each other out of the way."
The Texas native is nominated for an American Music Award, alongside Underwood and Taylor Swift in the favorite female artist category. Even after just winning the CMA Award for female vocalist of the year, these events still put her on edge.
"I always have the jitters. I get nervous about the awards, nominations, the performances, everything," said Lambert.
I reminded her that she always walks away with some kind of award.
"I just know there's going to come a time when it's time to pass the torch and I'm totally fine if I never win another award. I'm not greedy. I'm thankful for everything," said Lambert. "I've worked to get here, and I'm going to continue to work until I'm like Loretta Lynn, still singing on the Opry. I'm so glad to see that there's other girls working just as hard as me and that are just as talented."
Lambert will be heading out on her "Locked & Reloaded" tour in 2013.
celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 25 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 56 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)
- Pet of the Week: 6-yr-old terrier mix Tillie
43 min ago