'Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' brings closure to vampire saga
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson says the saga's final film brings a "classy" closure to the hugely popular vampire series.
It's estimated that "Twi-hards" will help propel "Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" to a $140 million debut over the opening weekend.
The fifth and final film of the vampire saga brings the successful franchise to a close. Pattinson says the ending is done very well, describing it as "classy."
"It's not saying, 'Oh, there's a possibility for another one.' No, that's it. It's done. There's no loophole," Pattinson said.
In the finale, our hero and heroine Edward and Bella, played by Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, don't get to enjoy their newlywed status or their new parental bliss because of those evil Volturi, who want the couple's little girl.
So, the vampires band together with vampires from around the world, and their local werewolves, to protect the child.
The result is big-budget, special-effects-filled movie magic.
Taylor Lautner says director Bill Condon really amped up the finale.
"It's the finale. You've got to do that and Bill did a great job at that," Lautner said.
Stewart said although she knew the ins and outs of the script, actually seeing the scenes come to life was shocking.
"I'm completely involved and close to it and I know exactly what's going to happen every time, but it still absolutely shocks me, even sort of to think about it, it's crazy," Stewart said.
The film has plenty of action but when it's all over, the franchise tips its hat to all of the actors who've been a part of the series. At the end of the film, the credits include everyone who has ever been involved in any "Twilight" movie.
"Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" is rated PG-13.
twilight saga, celebrity, downtown, movie premiere, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians