American Music Awards: 15 performers to take stage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Variety is once again the key to the American Music Awards. Fifteen performers will take the stage, with styles ranging from pop to rock to hip hop - and everything in between.
"We're also celebrating the AMAs 40th birthday, so we're just going out there to have fun, bring the energy, tear the place down," said Swizz Beatz.
Korean pop star Psy revealed that he'll be performing with "someone very special."
From country princess Taylor Swift to Pitbull, Paula Abdul to Linkin Park, we'll see the best of 2012 on Sunday night's three-hour music-filled show.
Two top stars could walk away with an armful of trophies. Tied for the most AMA nominations this year with four a piece are Rihanna and Nicki Minaj. Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Drake, One Direction and Usher have three nominations each.
The nominees for artist of the year include Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Maroon 5 and Drake.
The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards, airing live from the Nokia Theatre, will be held Sunday at 8 p.m. on ABC. Red carpet arrivals begin at 7 p.m.
celebrity, downtown, award shows, music news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)