American Music Awards: 15 performers to take stage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Variety is once again the key to the American Music Awards. Fifteen performers will take the stage, with styles ranging from pop to rock to hip hop - and everything in between.
"We're also celebrating the AMAs 40th birthday, so we're just going out there to have fun, bring the energy, tear the place down," said Swizz Beatz.
Korean pop star Psy revealed that he'll be performing with "someone very special."
From country princess Taylor Swift to Pitbull, Paula Abdul to Linkin Park, we'll see the best of 2012 on Sunday night's three-hour music-filled show.
Two top stars could walk away with an armful of trophies. Tied for the most AMA nominations this year with four a piece are Rihanna and Nicki Minaj. Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Drake, One Direction and Usher have three nominations each.
The nominees for artist of the year include Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Maroon 5 and Drake.
The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards, airing live from the Nokia Theatre, will be held Sunday at 8 p.m. on ABC. Red carpet arrivals begin at 7 p.m.
celebrity, downtown, award shows, music news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)