'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars': Johnson, Hough earn top score
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough got a perfect score Monday on "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" for their offbeat number to a Bhangra-style "Knight Rider" theme.
They returned for 29 more points for their Argentine Tango, enough to end the night at the top. It was not an easy week.
"Coming into today, I was more nervous than I think I've been all season," Johnson said.
"Me too," Hough added. "Let's just say this: we choreographed the beginning of both dances this morning."
In second place were Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani with 57.5 points.
They began with a caveman hustle and ended with a perfect score for an intricate Argentine Tango dedicated to a friend whose funeral they attended Sunday.
"I think Tony and I have done everything we can do," Rycroft said. "I think that we've proven, with his choreography, what he's capable of. I think we've entertained the audience and I am so proud of what we've been able to produce."
Half a point behind them in third place were Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff. They went from "Big Top Jazz" to a romantic Rumba that earned them triple 10s.
"I don't want this to end, because it's like every week we are getting stronger, we are getting closer, we find more strength and continue no matter how tired or exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically we both are," Smirnoff said.
Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke came in fourth place with 54 points for their two dances.
"There's nothing else I can do," Smith said. "We laid it out on the line. I think she's done a brilliant job of trying to teach this old man how to dance."
They weren't alone in that spot. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmekovskiy tied them with their dances. Chmekovskiy wowed the crowd by stripping down to a Speedo for their surfer Flamenco number.
"That was the highlight, in my opinion," Monaco said. "He jumped at the opportunity when I mentioned it. I mean, he's a very confident guy."
"It was super cold in that studio," Chmekovskiy interjected.
On Tuesday night, two of the five couples will be gone.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians