'Dancing With The Stars: All Stars': Johnson, Hough earn top score
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough got a perfect score Monday on "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" for their offbeat number to a Bhangra-style "Knight Rider" theme.
They returned for 29 more points for their Argentine Tango, enough to end the night at the top. It was not an easy week.
"Coming into today, I was more nervous than I think I've been all season," Johnson said.
"Me too," Hough added. "Let's just say this: we choreographed the beginning of both dances this morning."
In second place were Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani with 57.5 points.
They began with a caveman hustle and ended with a perfect score for an intricate Argentine Tango dedicated to a friend whose funeral they attended Sunday.
"I think Tony and I have done everything we can do," Rycroft said. "I think that we've proven, with his choreography, what he's capable of. I think we've entertained the audience and I am so proud of what we've been able to produce."
Half a point behind them in third place were Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff. They went from "Big Top Jazz" to a romantic Rumba that earned them triple 10s.
"I don't want this to end, because it's like every week we are getting stronger, we are getting closer, we find more strength and continue no matter how tired or exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically we both are," Smirnoff said.
Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke came in fourth place with 54 points for their two dances.
"There's nothing else I can do," Smith said. "We laid it out on the line. I think she's done a brilliant job of trying to teach this old man how to dance."
They weren't alone in that spot. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmekovskiy tied them with their dances. Chmekovskiy wowed the crowd by stripping down to a Speedo for their surfer Flamenco number.
"That was the highlight, in my opinion," Monaco said. "He jumped at the opportunity when I mentioned it. I mean, he's a very confident guy."
"It was super cold in that studio," Chmekovskiy interjected.
On Tuesday night, two of the five couples will be gone.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke