'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars': Emmitt Smith, Apolo Anton Ohno eliminated from competition
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The competition on this season of "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" is down to three couples.
On Tuesday, Olympic champion Apolo Anton Ohno and his partner, Karina Smirnoff, were the first semi-finalists to go.
Along the way, they notched a couple of perfect scores and enjoyed the journey of meeting struggles and beating them.
"I think we came out every single week and we gave our hearts, we gave our souls and we put in so much hard work that no matter what the scores were, no matter what the result was going to be, I was proud of what we accomplished and I was proud of what we made together," Ohno said. "To me, that's what being a champion is."
Minutes later, football champ Emmitt Smith and partner Cheryl Burke saw their dreams dashed for any mirror ball repeat.
"This is a competition and you always have to ask yourself, 'Did I give it my all?' And I can look her square dead in the eyes and tell her, 'I gave it all I can give you,'" Smith said about his partner.
Now the finals are down to the women: Olympic champion Shawn Johnson, soap star Kelly Monaco and TV personality Melissa Rycroft.
dancing with the stars, television, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 34 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Obama makes statement on OKC tornado
19 min ago