'Rise of the Guardians' entertains kids and adults
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Does 'Rise of the Guardians' play to adults, or will you be trapped in a theater with your kid waiting for it to end?
In "Rise of the Guardians" Santa and the gang need to keep children believing in them. If not, Pitch Black, aka The Boogeyman, will steal the wonder away from every child on Earth. Santa calls on Jack Frost to help save the day.
Alec Baldwin brings one bold Santa to life. Chris Pine is a joyful Jack Frost. And Hugh Jackman hops to it as the Easter Bunny.
The story sounds like it's for kids, and it is. But for my money, good animated movies also play to adults. And this one succeeded in keeping me entertained.
The animation is vibrant and the characters are fun to watch. In many ways, this movie plays out as if the beloved characters of our childhood are superheroes protecting children everywhere from evil.
It's told in a clever way, engaging for people of all ages.
And you don't have to worry if it's too scary for your kids. I think it has just the right amount of wide-eyed "oh no" moments to go along with the more innocent ones.
"Rise of the Guardians" also features the voices of Jude Law and Isla Fisher.
It's rated PG, and I don't think you'll be disappointed with what you see.
movie news, movie review, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 23 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
10 min ago