'Lincoln' star Joseph Gordon-Levitt honored to be part of film
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a long way from "3rd Rock from the Sun." The former teenage sitcom star has grown into a big screen leading man.
But for his latest role in "Lincoln," he's happy just to be part of an impressive ensemble of Oscar-winning talent.
Gordon-Levitt plays Abraham Lincoln's eldest son, Robert, in director Steven Spielberg's much buzzed-about new drama.
"I have been, you know, working for 25 years now. I'm 31. I started when I was 6. I'm so privileged and lucky to be a part of this movie, with Steven directing it, Daniel Day-Lewis is an actor that I've just admired so much," he said. "There are so many great actors who are in this movie: Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones and John Hawkes and James Spader and Tim Blake Nelson. I mean, the list goes on."
Gordon-Levitt's list of movies this year is an impressive one, starting in July with "The Dark Knight Rises." He followed that up in August with "Premium Rush," and a month later, he starred with Bruce Willis in "Looper." Now, his focus in on "Lincoln."
"It's not just a biography where you learn about all the different things in Abraham Lincoln's life. It's an intrigue, it's a drama, you know? It's focused on this one moment where he was trying to pass the Thirteenth Amendment to end slavery," he said.
"Lincoln" is in theatres now, and "Looper" will be out on DVD on New Year's Eve.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 39 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman helps friend who is a single mom 1 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)