Chris Pine talks 'Rise of the Guardians'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The secret is out in the new movie "Rise of the Guardians": our favorite make-believe characters, like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Jack Frost and the Easter Bunny, are actually all working together to protect the children of the world.
Chris Pine lends his voice to Jack Frost.
"The story is about the power of belief and the power of the imagination, and how wonderfully those two qualities are a part of children's lives and the duty that we have to protect that and to nurture that," Pines said.
The heroes band together to fight a dark force in the world who is trying to turn all children's' dreams into nightmares. It's up to the guardians to keep the children of the world believing.
Pine sees this story as important to adults as well.
"It works in a children's story but also kind of has profound implications for all of us," he said.
Viewers will see and hear Pine next May when he returns to the role of Captain Kirk in the next "Star Trek" movie.
He's currently in England filming the latest installment of the Tom Clancy character, "Jack Ryan." He knows he's got big shoes to fill.
"Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck were the three actors that previously played this character and this is kind of the genesis story of who Jack Ryan is, and unlike a Jason Bourne or a James Bond, our Jack Ryan is a man of quiet intelligence and definitely of everyman," Pine said.
We'll see "Jack Ryan" at the end of next year. In the meantime, "Rise of the Guardians" is in theaters now.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 54 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)