'Nashville' star Hayden Panettiere talks childhood fame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former child star Hayden Panettiere is now making waves in the musical television drama "Nashville."
Panettiere plays a talented, troubled, trouble-making young performer. Panettiere herself has grown up in the spotlight, but unlike her on screen alter ego, she has always had a strong support system to help navigate her way through the crazy entertainment world.
"I came up at the time where all those young girls were getting in trouble and that was the popular thing to do," she said. "Everyone's sitting there waiting for you to fall and watching you. I was raised very well. I had great parents who instilled great morals in me and taught me how to treat people well."
The 23-year-old actress said she didn't model her "Nashville" character's bad behavior on anyone in the real country music world. She did, however, look to one of her favorite idols, Carrie Underwood, for positive inspiration.
"One of the things I love about Carrie is what an amazing stage presence she has," Panettiere said. "She doesn't have to do all these choreographed dance moves, but you're so awestruck by her."
Panettiere was recently awestruck when she got in her car and heard her new single.
"I saw 'Telescope' and my name, it was playing on the radio," she said. "I just had that moment, that 'aw' moment where it's indescribable," she said.
abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis