'Guilt Trip' travel scenes shot on green screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand is back on the big screen for her first leading lady role in 16 years. She stars alongside Seth Rogen in "The Guilt Trip," which premiered in Westwood on Tuesday.
Playing mother and son, they hit the road in the film. Actually, though, they barely left town. Instead, they shot their travels on green screen.
"The guy that did it is good. I've worked with him a few times," said Rogen. "You would never know. We were never at the Grand Canyon even. It's crazy."
Streisand said being able to shoot the green screen scenes were fun. Not as fun though was a scene where she tries to eat a massive steak dinner so she can get it for free. It took days.
"I mean, at the beginning of this process, I said, 'Look, I can't eat steak for days. This is like a three-day shoot. So can you come up with something else?' And then there was nothing else to come up to because that was the real story with Dan, the writer, and his mother. And it was right for the film, so I had to do it," said Streisand.
"The Guilt Trip" opens Dec. 19.
movie premiere, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 52 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 14 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 18 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)