'Guilt Trip' travel scenes shot on green screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand is back on the big screen for her first leading lady role in 16 years. She stars alongside Seth Rogen in "The Guilt Trip," which premiered in Westwood on Tuesday.
Playing mother and son, they hit the road in the film. Actually, though, they barely left town. Instead, they shot their travels on green screen.
"The guy that did it is good. I've worked with him a few times," said Rogen. "You would never know. We were never at the Grand Canyon even. It's crazy."
Streisand said being able to shoot the green screen scenes were fun. Not as fun though was a scene where she tries to eat a massive steak dinner so she can get it for free. It took days.
"I mean, at the beginning of this process, I said, 'Look, I can't eat steak for days. This is like a three-day shoot. So can you come up with something else?' And then there was nothing else to come up to because that was the real story with Dan, the writer, and his mother. And it was right for the film, so I had to do it," said Streisand.
"The Guilt Trip" opens Dec. 19.
movie premiere, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 48 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer 46 min ago
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book