'Guilt Trip' travel scenes shot on green screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Barbra Streisand is back on the big screen for her first leading lady role in 16 years. She stars alongside Seth Rogen in "The Guilt Trip," which premiered in Westwood on Tuesday.
Playing mother and son, they hit the road in the film. Actually, though, they barely left town. Instead, they shot their travels on green screen.
"The guy that did it is good. I've worked with him a few times," said Rogen. "You would never know. We were never at the Grand Canyon even. It's crazy."
Streisand said being able to shoot the green screen scenes were fun. Not as fun though was a scene where she tries to eat a massive steak dinner so she can get it for free. It took days.
"I mean, at the beginning of this process, I said, 'Look, I can't eat steak for days. This is like a three-day shoot. So can you come up with something else?' And then there was nothing else to come up to because that was the real story with Dan, the writer, and his mother. And it was right for the film, so I had to do it," said Streisand.
"The Guilt Trip" opens Dec. 19.
movie premiere, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Deputies shoot, killed armed man in Compton 53 min ago
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews