Jimmy Kimmel excited to move show to earlier slot
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" is about to get a new home in late night television. On Tuesday, the show will start airing right after Eyewitness News at 11 p.m.
Jimmy Kimmel has been a force in the midnight hour for 10 years now. But on Tuesday night he moves to the coveted 11:35 time slot. Is he excited? Yes. But he's been downplaying his good fortune.
"Well you know, I don't that we have a whole new plan," says Jimmy. "It's really going to be the same show but we're going to call things new and then maybe people who haven't been paying attention will think they are new."
Jimmy personally picked the guests for his first show in the new time slot. And his good friend Jennifer Aniston is number one.
"She's not been on the show before as a guest. And No Doubt is the band," says Jimmy. "That's kind of exciting for me because No Doubt was the biggest band when I worked at KROQ here in L.A., and to have them on as the band for my first show at 11:35, it feels right.
"I'd love to have Steve Martin on the show. Bill Murray is somebody that we've not had on the show. I'd love to have Laverne and Shirley together on the show. I think that would be a real coup."
Jimmy hopes this job is going to last until it's time to retire.
"It's a great job to have and I'd like to do it for like another 10 years or so," says Jimmy. "But also there's nowhere to go after you host a late night talk show. I mean, people don't go on to have glorious careers afterwards. If you're lucky, you're on the 'Celebrity Apprentice.' That is something I'd like to avoid."
television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 34 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 23 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 17 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 30 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)