Jimmy Kimmel excited to move show to earlier slot
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" is about to get a new home in late night television. On Tuesday, the show will start airing right after Eyewitness News at 11 p.m.
Jimmy Kimmel has been a force in the midnight hour for 10 years now. But on Tuesday night he moves to the coveted 11:35 time slot. Is he excited? Yes. But he's been downplaying his good fortune.
"Well you know, I don't that we have a whole new plan," says Jimmy. "It's really going to be the same show but we're going to call things new and then maybe people who haven't been paying attention will think they are new."
Jimmy personally picked the guests for his first show in the new time slot. And his good friend Jennifer Aniston is number one.
"She's not been on the show before as a guest. And No Doubt is the band," says Jimmy. "That's kind of exciting for me because No Doubt was the biggest band when I worked at KROQ here in L.A., and to have them on as the band for my first show at 11:35, it feels right.
"I'd love to have Steve Martin on the show. Bill Murray is somebody that we've not had on the show. I'd love to have Laverne and Shirley together on the show. I think that would be a real coup."
Jimmy hopes this job is going to last until it's time to retire.
"It's a great job to have and I'd like to do it for like another 10 years or so," says Jimmy. "But also there's nowhere to go after you host a late night talk show. I mean, people don't go on to have glorious careers afterwards. If you're lucky, you're on the 'Celebrity Apprentice.' That is something I'd like to avoid."
television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'