Razzie Award nominations announced: Tyler Perry, 'Twilight' top list
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's the best of the worst on the big screen with the annual Golden Raspberry Award nominations -- also known as the "Razzies."
"The Razzies are basically the opposite of almost every other award there is," said Razzies Founder John Wilson.
For 33 years, Razzies founder John Wilson has led the way for fans to celebrate bad movies we love.
"It is supposed to be funny," said Wilson. "The people we nominate probably don't agree. But there are some very famous names up for Razzie awards this year."
Names like Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 " leads the field for this year's Golden Raspberry Awards with a whopping 11 nominations. The "dishonors" are for categories stretching from Worst Picture to Worst Actor and Worst Actress and Worst Ensemble.
Those associated with the film probably aren't losing too much sleep over the Razzies. "Breaking Dawn Part 2" earned $290 million.
The person with the most individual nominations this year is Tyler Perry. He's up for worst actor for both "Alex Cross" and "Good Deeds." He's also up for worst actress as "Madea," and worst screen couple, as himself and as Madea. It's not likely Perry would want to attend the Razzies ceremony (yes, there is one).
"It looks just like a real awards show, but we're reading horrible critics' quotes and saying snarky things," said Wilson. "And it's shorter than the Oscars. That's one of the great things about it. Of course, 'The Ten Commandments' was shorter than the Oscars."
The Razzies will be handed out February 23, the day before the Academy Awards.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 1 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere