Ribisi, Mackie, Patrick talk 'Gangster Squad'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Josh Brolin heads up "Gangster Squad," with Ryan Gosling in on the action, but they can't do it alone. The other squad members include Giovanni Ribisi, Anthony Mackie and Robert Patrick.
Ribisi provides the brain, while his "Gangster Squad" partners provide much of the brawn.
"For me, you know, my character, I feel like he was a little bit more earnest than anything. and I think he was trying to be more or less the conscience of the group," Ribisi said.
Robert Patrick is the sharp shooter in the squad, and he says he really is a good shot. But a scene you will see in the movie involving target practice and an aluminum can almost ruined his reputation as a solid shot.
"He can hit it with a gun, but he just can't hit it with a can," Mackie said with a laugh.
"He's absolutely right. The can toss thing turned out to be my Achilles heel. I just couldn't do it," Patrick said. "It was embarrassing. And I played baseball."
You will see a lot of gunfire in "Gangster Squad," that's a promise. But if you've seen the trailer, you haven't seen everything.
"Gangster Squad" also features Sean Penn, Nick Nolte and Emma Stone. It's rated R for its strong violence and language.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis