The Oscars 2013: Sneak peek at Governors Ball
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- When The Oscars ceremony ends, it's time to eat. And if you're lucky, you get a golden ticket to the annual Governors Ball.
"We're going to have 1,200 pounds of lobster," celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck said.
Puck's famous salmon Oscars are part of the menu again this year.
From mini-cheeseburgers and Puck's pizzas, to more gourmet offerings, there's something for every palate to celebrate Hollywood's biggest night.
"This is the greatest party and I think it has to have glamour and it has to have style, and we combine great taste with great style," the chef said.
For Puck and his staff, to bring this Governors Ball to life will take a lot of ingredients. Among them are 5,000 eggs, 400 pounds of beef and 1,000 pounds of chocolate.
For executive pastry chef Sherry Yard, dessert is the icing on the cake.
"We have the 24-foot chocolate buffet, which is just absolutely amazing," Yard said. "Then, all of these other desserts will be passed throughout the ballroom all night long."
Cheryl Cecchetto is producing the Governors Ball for the 24th year.
"I think what's really wonderful for me is you create a piece of artwork," she said. "I think it's great. It's up for one night, then it's a memory. Memories are fantastic."
The floral arrangements will be part of those memories. This year, Mark's Garden is creating living shadow boxes beneath the clear glass of the cocktail tables.
"We're designing the tables covered in flowers," said Mark Held. "You put down your drink and - wow - you look down and it's all flowers, which is very cool."
The drinks include Thienot champagnes, Sterling Vineyards wines and Patron tequila, which is mixing up a gold cosmopolitan in honor of Oscar.
"It's Hollywood. This is the Super Bowl of the movie business, so we have fun," said Ed Blinn of Patron Spirits.
The Oscars are Feb. 24. Watch the star-studded red carpet, exclusive parties and show itself on ABC7.
movie news, celebrity, academy awards, award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son