Nicholas Hoult talks zombies in 'Warm Bodies'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nicholas Hoult takes on his first leading role in the new romantic zombie-themed movie "Warm Bodies."
The 23 year old has been a supporting actor since he was a child. We first met him back in 2002 while he was promoting the movie "About a Boy," which also starred Hugh Grant.
Hoult said he has met some challenges in his transition to adulthood as an actor.
"There are definitely challenges," he said. "I've been really lucky. I've managed to work with good people and do some good work and play interesting characters. I enjoy acting."
He also enjoyed his physical transformation into "R," his zombie character in "Warm Bodies."
"The make-up was only an hour and a half, and I'd sit there and my make-up artist was really nice," he said. "We watched zombie films and just hung out. it's kind of nice that you'd get to work and have a coffee and sit down and have a little chat for a little while."
Zombies are more popular than ever in Hollywood right now. The twist with this film is that it's a love story between a zombie and the human daughter of a zombie killer.
"It's exciting, you never know if it's going to work out," Hoult said. "It's good to try something new and for me that was part of the appeal of this film, was playing a character which wasn't conventional in any way."
Hoult is keeping busy. He has another film, "Jack the Giant Slayer," out in March. He plays the title role in the modern day family tale of "Jack and the Beanstalk."
"Warm Bodies" premiered in Hollywood on Tuesday night. It's rated PG-13 and is in theaters Friday.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report