Steven Soderbergh's 'Side Effects' has big twists in store
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara are part of director Steven Soderbergh's ensemble of actors in "Side Effects."
The basic premise is that they play a young couple dealing with her severe depression. A doctor recommends a new medication, which at first appears to help with her anxiety, then it also causes unimaginable side effects. It's a film with many plot twists and surprises.
"When I read it, I thought I knew what the movie was going to be, and then it completely throws a curve ball at you," Tatum said.
Tatum knows his director well. "Side Effects" is their third collaboration, following "Haywire" and "Magic Mike".
"I love Steven, the way he works," Tatum said. "Someone just asked me why do some of the actors that he's worked with given their best performances in his movies, and I think it's truly because he empowers them."
"Side Effects" is theaters now.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians