Jennifer Lawrence: Oscar nomination 'hasn't hit me yet'
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jennifer Lawrence is making her mark in Hollywood. She's the star of a blockbuster franchise with "The Hunger Games," and with nomination No. 2, she's going for Oscar gold, this time with a "silver lining."
There's a whirlwind of Oscar action surrounding Lawrence's performance in "Silver Linings Playbook." All this excitement also happened a couple of years ago with her first nomination for the drama, "Winter's Bone."
"It really hasn't hit me yet, not even the first nomination has really hit me. I feel like it happens and you just kind of float up on this cloud, like it's too good to actually realize. And I feel like I'm still in that state," Lawrence said.
For "Winter's Bone," Lawrence, 22, remembers what it was like stepping out onto the most-watched red carpet in the world.
"I was expecting to have a very whimsical kind of 'oh my god' moment, and then I just go on the carpet and just was like, 'Oh my god! This is amazing!' [I was ] just screaming at everybody," she said.
Lawrence said if there's something she learned that will make the experience easier it's that she shouldn't have any caffeine before the big show.
"I think that's always my biggest problem, is the adrenaline mixed with the caffeine. I turn into a crazy person," said Lawrence.
"Silver Linings Playbook" puts a face on mental illness, and Lawrence is very proud of that.
"I think probably the best moment of my career was when somebody came up to me and thanked me for making 'Silver Linings' because his family could finally understand him," said Lawrence.
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
movie news, celebrity, academy awards, award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
22 min ago