Jennifer Lawrence: Oscar nomination 'hasn't hit me yet'
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jennifer Lawrence is making her mark in Hollywood. She's the star of a blockbuster franchise with "The Hunger Games," and with nomination No. 2, she's going for Oscar gold, this time with a "silver lining."
There's a whirlwind of Oscar action surrounding Lawrence's performance in "Silver Linings Playbook." All this excitement also happened a couple of years ago with her first nomination for the drama, "Winter's Bone."
"It really hasn't hit me yet, not even the first nomination has really hit me. I feel like it happens and you just kind of float up on this cloud, like it's too good to actually realize. And I feel like I'm still in that state," Lawrence said.
For "Winter's Bone," Lawrence, 22, remembers what it was like stepping out onto the most-watched red carpet in the world.
"I was expecting to have a very whimsical kind of 'oh my god' moment, and then I just go on the carpet and just was like, 'Oh my god! This is amazing!' [I was ] just screaming at everybody," she said.
Lawrence said if there's something she learned that will make the experience easier it's that she shouldn't have any caffeine before the big show.
"I think that's always my biggest problem, is the adrenaline mixed with the caffeine. I turn into a crazy person," said Lawrence.
"Silver Linings Playbook" puts a face on mental illness, and Lawrence is very proud of that.
"I think probably the best moment of my career was when somebody came up to me and thanked me for making 'Silver Linings' because his family could finally understand him," said Lawrence.
With the big night quickly approaching, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
movie news, celebrity, academy awards, award shows, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video