'Oz the Great and Powerful' gives back-story of Wizard of Oz
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oz took a trip to Hollywood Wednesday for the premiere of "Oz the Great and Powerful."
In the film from director Sam Raimi, a young man played by James Franco is caught in a tornado that takes him from Kansas to Oz.
That's where we get the back-story of how a circus magician named Oscar Diggs came to be known as the Wizard of Oz.
"I know that there would be great expectations for a movie about Oz because I would have them," said Franco. "It's a movie for families, obviously, just like the first one. And then because my character is comedic, I think that does play a little bit older."
Michelle Williams plays Glinda.
"I just responded to the person that I met on the page. I just responded to the words and the way that she was written and then when I met Sam, I knew I really wanted to collaborate with him," said Williams.
Rachel Weisz is a wicked witch.
"I hope you're going to love to hate me. That would be my hope. I play a very, very, very bad girl," said Weisz.
"Oz the Great and Powerful" opens March 8. It's rated PG.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 7 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
46 min ago