Al Pacino honored at Los Angeles-Italia Fest
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Italy came to Hollywood Sunday night, kicking off the eighth annual Los Angeles-Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest. Actor Al Pacino was honored at the festivities.
Pacino accepted the first Los Angeles-Italia award from his good friend Larry King. The honor is for Pacino's long and successful career in show business.
"It's a lifetime achievement thing," he said. "A legend, OK I accept, I've been around long enough to accept that," he said.
Pacino's signature roles include a couple of classics: "The Godfather" and "Scarface."
"It's interesting to come and there's no film opening, it's just a festival that I have films in, and so I guess that's a little different, it's a little more tempered," he said.
While Pacino didn't put his modesty aside, former co-star Paul Dooley had no problem tooting the actor's horn for him.
"He's one of America's greatest actors," said Dooley. "Like De Niro in that if there's a movie around they're going to want them, especially if it's their type of movie."
Pacino rarely walks a red carpet, but he appeared in part to honor his Italian heritage. He even said goodbye, Al Pacino style.
"Arrivederci, ciao, see you later!" he said in his best Italian accent.
Los Angeles-Italia will honor Quentin Tarantino on Tuesday. If you'd like to attend the festival, there will be movie showings free of charge all day and all night through Feb. 23 at the TCL Chinese Theatre.
movie news, celebrity, hollywood, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea 43 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 28 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway 40 min ago
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?