Sally Field talks about Oscars in the 1980s
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Sally Field is enjoying another moment in Oscar's spotlight. She's been to Hollywood's biggest party as a contender twice before.
She won the best actress Oscar in 1980 for the film "Norma Rae," and we all liked when she gave a memorable acceptance speech for her second win in 1985 for "Places in the Heart."
"I know it will be different because it's in a whole different place first of all, a different arena," Field said. "And my feet hurt more than they used to, that's part of it."
Field says when she first took part in the Oscars in the early 80s, the awards show was completely different.
"I literally went and got a dress from the store the day before. Does this fit? OK good, seems like this will work," she said with a laugh.
Field is being recognized this year for her work in Steven Spielberg's drama, "Lincoln." The 66-year-old has been acting since the 1960s, and she's proud of her long and varied career.
"I flip around between television and now film, or stage, and I move around," she said. "You have to go where the work is, so it may not be the life you thought was the life you might want ... but that's not where the work is, so you go and you find the work."
With Oscar Sunday just days away, play the My Picks game to choose who you think will win in each award category.
Have a smart phone or tablet? Download the free official Oscars app to get news and updates about the show. It's available for Apple, Android and Kindle devices.
The Oscars will air live on ABC7 on Feb. 24.
Oscar Sunday lineup:
- 1:30 p.m.: On The Red Carpet at The Oscars
- 4 p.m.: The Oscars Red Carpet Live
- 5:30 p.m.: The Oscars
- 8:30 p.m.: On The Red Carpet at The Oscars
- 10 p.m.: Jimmy Kimmel Live
- 11 p.m.: Eyewitness News
movie news, celebrity, academy awards, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Search resumes for hiker in Santa Clarita 14 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 22 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
58 min ago